You know the rules of the game by now. Set your pod or other digital musical device a’shuffling and report back the first ten songs it spits out. No skipping, omitting or hedging.
1. Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door, Bob Dylan (Before the Flood)
2. Sexuality, k.d. lang (All You Can Eat)
3. Dinner at Eight, Rufus Wainwright (Want One)
4. Airport Song, Guster (Goldfly)
5. Cooling, Tori Amos (To Venus and Back)
6. Recovering Soul, Maria Muldaur (Meet Me at Midnight)
7. Fire Door, Ani DiFranco (Living in Clip)
8. Urge for Going, Joni Mitchell (Hits)
9. Boy Cried Wolf, Patti Smith (Gung Ho)
10. Cordova, Indigo Girls (All That We Let In)
I was really hoping that the pod would dish up some Grateful Dead today, so I could have an excuse to tell you about my sister’s latest experience on the road. It didn’t, but I’m going let Raina tell you anyway. This is from her tour diary.
i just had to share that i jammed in the basement of jerry garcia’s house today and i met a buddhist holyman, and i hot tubbed in the backyard of someone’s house, and man, i love tour! We are heading to Santa Cruz tomorrow to busque on the street, and hopefully we will meet some kind kids to put us up for the night! The van is all decked out with a bed and such, and we still haven’t slept in it! But we have put up some curtains. It feels nice to be out of the rain.