First Eric tagged me for the “8 things you don’t already know about me” meme, and then when I was checking my inbound stats tonight, I discovered that Leah also marked me for participation. So I guess I better get to it.
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and that they should read your blog. (Although, chances are, I won’t be doing much in the way of tagging. From the way this thing is sweeping the interwebs, I think just about every blogger in town has already done this puppy).
1. I cover the TV in my bedroom with a scarf, because I feel like it’s watching me while I sleep if I don’t.
2. Hanging on the wall next to my childhood bed was a small quilt. For years, I would pick my nose and wipe my boogers on the wall under the quilt. One day my mom took it down to wash it and freaked out at the colony of dried snot that I had managed to accumulate. She put an end to that particular practice post haste.
3. My first kiss occurred on stage, when I was 12 years old and in Bye, Bye Birdie at summer camp. My second was during a game of truth or dare (although I had a huge crush on the guy, so it definitely counted).
4. I arrange my books almost entirely by size, as I like the shelves to appear neat. I always know where things are, however it would be difficult for others to find things as there really isn’t much of a system.
5. When I was in the 5th grade, I wore a grey felt fedora to school every single day. That year, I was also obsessed with the Beatles, when everyone else was listening to Paula Abdul and the New Kids on the Block. Needless to say, I didn’t fit in too well in those days.
6. The only time I’ve had anything I wrote published in a major newspaper was when I was 11 years old.
7. I played the flute for five years, until I got braces and it suddenly became very hard. However, I’ve always regretted giving it up.
8. I have not moved in over five years. This is the longest I’ve lived in one domicile since I was 8 years old and my family left the house in Los Angeles I had been born into.
Hopefully that wasn’t too boring. I tried to go for new (and potentially embarrassing) facts that I hadn’t written about in the past. I’m not up for tagging at the moment, but if you haven’t gotten anointed by some other blogger and would like to join in the fun, put up your own 8 facts, let me know that you did it and I’ll put up a linky list.