It’s Friday once more, and that means it’s time for another edition of the Friday Random Ten! (cue the audience applause). The rules are simple, set your iPod or other (less aethetically pleasing) digital music player to shuffle/random and report back the first ten songs it spits out. No skipping, omitted, excusing or hedging allowed. Your odd musical selections are what make you you.
1. Golden, My Morning Jacket (World Cafe, Volume 18)
2. Handy Man, James Taylor (Greatest Hits)
3. You’re a Big Boy Now, John Sebastian (The Best of John Sebastian)
4. Love Missile F1-11, Sigue Sigue Sputnik (Living in Oblivion)
5. Are You Tired Of Me, My Darling, Nanci Griffin (Other Voices, Other Rooms)
6. Kathy’s Song (Live), Simon & Garfunkel (The Essential Simon & Garfunkel)
7. Unomathemba, Ladysmith Black Mambazo (Shaka Zulu)
8. Almost, Sarah Harmer (Live at the World Cafe)
9. All The Way Up To Heaven, Guster (Lost and Gone Forever)
10. Boy from Tupelo, Emmylou Harris (Red Dirt Girl)
Favorite Song: Are You Tired of Me, My Darling by Nanci Griffin. I’ve loved this entire album since I first heard it. I remember excitedly asking my dad if he had ever listened to it, and he made a comment about how he couldn’t take anyone who spelled their name with an “i” at the end seriously. I sat him down and made him hear it and he quickly changed his tune.
Favorite Album: Red Dirt Girl. Emmylou Harris is just one of those artists you have to love. At least if you’re me.
Most Embarrassing Revelation: Yes, I have one of the Living in Oblivion cds on my iPod. You just never know when you’re going to need a good dose of the 80’s. In addition, this album also offers such classics as Mickey (you’re so fine) and Walking on Sunshine.
If you’re looking for more Random Friday music than I can offer, check out:
If you’ve got a list up and want a little link-love, let me know.
Also, you don’t have to be embarrassed about the Living In Oblivion CD when the song that comes up is by Sigue Sigue Sputnik. It’s awesome!
And another big plus for the Ladysmith Black Mambazo. I think you have the closest tastes to mine out of all the FR10 crew.