1. The Circle Game – Joni Mitchell (Ladies of the Canyon)
2. Romance in Durango – Bob Dylan (Desire)
3. Save Up All Your Tears – Cher (Greatest Hits)
4. Blue Moon of Kentucky – Elvis Presley (The Sun Sessions)
5. Finest Lovin’ Man – Bonnie Raitt (Live at the Philly Folk Fest)
6. My Dog Jesus – Mare Wakefield (Girlfriend)
7. Sweet Dream – Dana Robinson (Midnight Salvage)
8. Somnambulist – Raina Rose (Despite the Crushing Weight of Gravity)
9. My IQ – Ani DiFranco (Puddle Dive)
10. Our Town – Willy Mason (Where The Humans Eat)
Artist I like mostly because he sounds like Cat Stevens: Dana Robinson (Okay, so he’s actually good in a great variety of ways, but the similarity is unsettlingly close).
And since one of my sister’s songs found it’s way onto the list today: Raina was a finalist in the Kerrville New Folk Competition this year, but I just found out that she didn’t win. Only six out of 16 were able to take home prizes, but damnit if I didn’t want her to be one of them.