Set your iPod a’shufflin’ and report back the first ten songs that float to the surface. No skipping, omitting or excusing allowed, stand tall with your music.
1. A Long Day, The Polyphonic Spree (The Beginning Stages)
2. Let’s Just Get Naked, Joan Osborne (Relish)
3. Carnival Lights, Patty Smyth (Greatest Hits)
4. West Point, Jonatha Brooke & The Story (Plumb)
5. Red-Eye Express, John Sebastian (The Best of John Sebastian)
6. Dead in the Water, David Gray (A New Day at Midnight)
7. Dead, They Might Be Giants (Flood)
8. On Your Way, The Album Leaf (UO Sampler #14)
9. Reasons, Earth, Wind & Fire (The Best of Earth, Wind & Fire, Vol. 1)
10. Look Back, Sam Ashworth (Paste Magazine Sampler 17)
It’s kind of a weird set today. I have no outstanding favorites, but neither is there anything I’m militantly against. I do love Joan Osborn, but there are several songs I prefer from that album, most specifically her cover of Bob Dylan’s Man in the Long Black Coat.