The Philadelphia Film Festival has arrived and so I am going to see four movies in the next two days. Oh, how I love it!
1. The Girl With the Weight of the World in Her Hands, Indigo Girls (Nomads, Indians, Saints)
2. Heaven’s Here on Earth, Tracy Chapman (New Beginnings)
3. We Can Talk, The Band (Music from Big Pink)
4. Take Your Carriage Clock and Shove It, Belle and Sebastian (Push Barman to Open Old Wounds)
5. Song for the Asking, Simon and Garfunkel (The Essential Simon & Garfunkel)
6. Fine Fine Fine, Raina Rose (Despite the Crushing Weight of Gravity)
7. Every Waking Moment, Box Set (Live Duo 2)
8. Girlfriend, Benjamin Wagner (Morning Mix)
9. Solitary Man, Johnny Cash (American III: Solitary Man)
10. Oxford Town, Bob Dylan (The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan)
There’s really nothing I don’t like on the set today. I’m particularly fond of #1 and #6 (well, she is my sister, after all).
Have I mentioned that Raina is coming to town to perform? Oh really, I have? Well, they say that people learn best through repetition, so let me say again that she will be performing on Sunday, April 15th at 5 pm at the First Unitarian Church of Philadelphia. Be there or be square.
The Friday Random Ten crew: