1. Verdi Cries – 10,000 Maniacs (In My Tribe)
2. Hard Times in New York Town – Bob Dylan (The Bootleg Series)
3. Wings of Angels – June Carter Cash (Press On )
4. Dublin Boys – Antje Duvekot (Boys, Flowers, Miles)
5. Shelburne – Cross-Eyed Rosie (Lookin’ Up)
6. Least Complicated – Indigo Girls (Live at the World Cafe, Vol. 1)
7. Nothing Can Be Done – Joni Mitchell (Night Ride Home)
8. Pre-Road Downs – Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young (4 Way Street)
9. Streets of Glory – Classic Old Time Music (Smithsonian)
10. Best Imitation of Myself – Ben Folds (Ben Folds Live)
Song that feels the most like going home: Least Complicated by the Indigo Girls. This particular song has been part of the soundtrack of my life for going on fifteen years. It feels familiar in the same way that my favorite old green sweater does–warm and comforting and hopelessly out of style. I’m not particularly willing to give up either of them.
Band that I love, despite the fact that they disppointed me with their new album: Cross-Eyed Rosie.
Random Friday friends and family…