It’s been a couple of weeks since I managed to get a Random Friday set up. Being on vacation has a way of screwing up my blogging schedule (which is actually okay with me). But it’s Friday, and I’ve got a pocket of time, so I’m doing it.
You know the rules: set your pod to shuffle and report back the first ten (and sometimes eleven) songs that it spits out. No skipping, omitting or justifying allowed.
1. Alabama Woman, Papa John Kolstad (Beans Taste Fine)
2. Vicious World, Rufus Wainwright (Want One)
3. Fugitive, Indigo Girls (Swamp Ophelia)
4. Sun In My Mouth, Bjork (Vespertine)
5. The Boy in the Bubble, Paul Simon (Best of 1964-1993)
6. Halloween, Original Broadway Cast (Rent)
7. Peace From Running, The Gypsy Moths (Live on KBOO)
8. It’s All the Same, Adrienne Young and Little Sadie (The Art of Virtue)
9. Fish and Whistle, John Prine (Great Days: Anthology)
10. I’m Only Sleeping, The Beatles (Revolver)
Favorite Song: Peace From Running. The Gypsy Moths were my sister previous musical incarnation, and in those days, on this album, they were doing a fun jam-band thing. I love where her music is now, but this was also some good stuff.
Favorite Album: Swamp Ophelia by the Indigo Girls. This was my very first Indigo Girls album, and I bought it on cassette, because I couldn’t afford the CD. Listening to it takes me back to being 15, being at summer camp, and staying up late with my friend Matt to watch the Girls on Conan O’Brian.
Seen Live: Rufus Wainwright, Indigo Girls, the Gypsy Moths and John Prine.
Need more Random Friday? Check out these folks!
As always, if you have a list up and would like a little link-love, let me know!
The Anthem by Good Charlotte
Jump by Simple Plan
Holla! by Baha Men
Give a Little Love by Ziggy Marley & The Melody Makers
Another Nail in My Heart by Squeeze
I’ve Been Everywhere by Johnny Cash
Overrated by Less Than Jake
the Adventure by Angels & Airwaves
Life Is A Highway by Tom Cochrane
Runaround by Van Halen
Pingback: freakapotimus.com » Friday Random Ten: Too Much Coffee Edition
Welcome back! I’m up.
Pingback: the smedley log :: Friday Random Ten(in a hospital ward on the Somme)
Pingback: Starting a Landslide in My Ego
what’s the URL for coffee girl? if the name says anything, perhaps i should read her page…
Pingback: A Modest Construct » Friday Random Ten LXXIII
Hello, I’m Katy and I have seen your site. Great 🙂 How has you been enough time to made this?? Thank you and congrats!
Pingback: hardcore gay