Wouldn’t it be appropriate if Dar Williams’ song Iowa popped up in my Random Ten today? Well, we shall soon see if that will happen.
Random Ten rules: set your pod a’shufflin’ and report back the first ten songs it spits out, no excusing, skipping or justifying your songs. The Random Ten gods want you to stand tall and proud with your music.
1. Smells Like Teen Spirit, Nirvana (Nevermind)
2. All Along the Watchtower, Bob Dylan (B. Dylan Unplugged)
3. Last Boat to America, David Gray (A New Day at Midnight)
4. Mobile Line, Jon Sebastian (King Biscuit Flower Hour)
5. Unceremonious, King Britt (King Britt Presents Sister Gertrude Morgan)
6. He Rode all the way to Texas, Harris, Parton and Ronstadt (Trio II)
7. Colors, Amos Lee (Amos Lee)
8. Wise Up, Aimee Mann (Magnolia)
9. I’m Only Sleeping, The Vines (I Am Sam)
10. Me and Bobby McGee, Janis Joplin (18 Essential Songs)
Favorite Song: Me and Bobby McGee is by far a favorite in this set full of good songs. I was just reading a post about Janis on a blog called Jew Eat Yet, where he discusses the episodes of the Dick Cavett show when she appeared. It was shocking to learn that she was 27 when she died, the same age that I am now.
Favorite Album: Amos Lee. Having seen him live a couple of times now, I admit fully and completely to having quite the (obviously) unrequited crush on Amos. He is from Philly though, so you never know what could happen. I’m looking forward to his new cd which comes out Tuesday.
Dar Williams didn’t appear, but there’s lots of good stuff on the list today, and nothing I don’t really like (well, it is my pod). I also have to point over to Jon Sebastian with a certain amount of love and affection. Thanks to my dad, I grew up on this man’s music, singing and dancing around the living room many a Saturday morning to Jug Band Music. And what’s with the two kings, right in a row?
Other Random Friday players:
Pingback: A Modest Construct » Friday Random Ten LXXXIV
Pingback: The Sam and BeckyBoo Show » Random Friday - Bare Bones Edition
Pingback: Friday random ten (like Uri Geller’s spoons) > the smedley log