1. Rain – The Beatles (Past Masters, Vol. 2)
2. What People Are Made Of – Modest Mouse (The Moon and Antarctica)
3. You Could Be Her – Jonathan Coulton (Thing a Week)
4. Cold Day in July – Dixie Chicks (Fly)
5. Criminal – Fiona Apple (Tidal)
6. On The Bound – Fiona Apple (When the Pawn…)
7. Do What You Have To Do – Sarah McLachlan (Mirrorball)
8. Banking on a Myth – Andrew Bird (Andrew Bird & the Mysterious Production of Eggs)
9. Fuel – Ani DiFranco (Little Plastic Castles)
10. Just Can’t Last – Natalie Merchant (Motherland)
Songs that made me briefly question my ability to read: Having two Fiona Apple songs pop up, one after the other, confused me for a moment. I looked at the iPod screen and had a intentional thought process that went something like, “I did press the ‘next’ button, didn’t I? I thought I did, but wait…oh.”
Music I acquired from others: Jonathan Coulton (Scott), Fiona Apple & Andrew Bird (my sister) and Natalie Merchant (Cindy).
Others who play along…
Pingback: The Sam and BeckyBoo Show » Blog Archive » Random Friday - Grey is the color of comfort edition
Pingback: Friday random ten (some jackass comment) > the smedley log
That’s a cool list. I’m going to see Fiona when she opens for Nickel Creek in August. My second Fiona show, which I cannot imagine will be better than the first one.
Rain is a great song, too. Flip side of ‘Paperback Writer’, the first Beatles song to not make it to number one in the US. My head full of useless information rambles onward.