It’s Friday again, and the day is slipping away from me. It’s already after 1 pm and I’m just now getting my Random Ten up, for your reading pleasure.
You know the rules, set your pod/digital music player to shuffle/random, and report back the first ten songs it spits out. No omitting, skipping, hedging, justifying or obfuscating allowed. So onto the list…
1. Stupidity Tires, Elliott Smith (Figure 8)
2. Funkytown, Lipps Inc. (Pure Disco)
3. Bye, Elliott Smith (Figure 8)
4. Philosophy, Neil Innes (Mississippi Studios Live)
5. Simple Twist of Fate, Joan Baez (Greatest Hits)
6. Daydream Car, Amy Correia (Carnival Love)
7. Gold Watch and Chain, New Lost City Ramblers (Vanguard Newport Folk Festival)
8. You’ll Never Be the Sun, Harris, Parton, Ronstadt (Trio II)
9. Disappearing Man, Dave Carter and Tracy Grammar (Drum Hat Buddha)
10. There’s Gotta be a Change, Johnny Lang (Lie To Me)
Favorite Song: Funkytown. How can you listen to this song and not feel just a little bit energized?
Least Favorite: Daydream Car. I really want to like Amy Correia, but everytime I listen to her, I start feeling antsy and change the music. For some reason, she just doesn’t do it for me.
Favorite Album: Mississippi Studios Live. This is the recording studio/performance space that my sister works and records at. It’s a great space in N. Portland and this album is interesting and eclectic. The only thing that could make it better would be if they had included a track from Raina on it.
Did I miss anyone? Let me know.