It’s Friday which means it’s time for another installment of the Friday Random Ten. The rules are simple, just set your iPod/iTunes/Creative (do people still buy those things?) to shuffle/random and report back the first ten songs it spits out. Do not skip, omit, alter or ignore the songs, as doing that angers the Random Friday Gods, and no one needs that. Especially on a day like today.
1. Nothing Gets Crossed Out, Bright Eyes (Lifted or The Story is in the Soil)
2. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For, U2 (The Best of U2 1980-1990)
3. Take My Hand, Lead Me On, Sister Gertrude Morgan (Let’s Make a Record)
4. I am a Pilgrim, Mo Mack (New & Used Tunes)
5. Florida, Patty Griffin (Impossible Dream)
6. String Man, The Mamas and the Papas (Deliver)
7. It’s Gonna Be Alright, The Ramones (Mondo Bizarro)
8. Pitseleh, Elliott Smith (XO)
9. Hanging Around the Day, The Polyphonic Spree (The Beginning Stages)
10. Hello City, Barenaked Ladies (Gordon)
Favorite Song: I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For. It’s my favorite from today’s set, because it’s been playing in my head since this morning, and I’m still not tired of it.
Favorite Album: New and Used Tunes by Mo Mack. Cause in my world Mo Mack is also known as Dad.
Seen Live: Mo Mack, Patty Griffin, Elliott Smith (he also went to my high school, albeit years before I got there) and Polyphonic Spree (still the best live show I’ve ever been to in my life. If you ever have a chance to see these guys live, go for it).