I’ve been laying on my bed since 8 pm, my desire to do anything more than watch bad tv and scoot around the internet destroyed by the menstrual cramps and aches that are currently wrenching my lower back and belly.
The hormonally induced headache that is clawing its way out from the inside of my skull is sapping my will to live and my ability to be creative, clever or witty. So I leave you with nothing more than five random tidbits about me:
1. The majority of my possessions were previously owned by someone else (I must confess, my grandparents and Aunt Flora have been my primary donors). On average, at least 75% of my clothing, books, furniture, pots, cooking utensils, dishes and consumer electronics are used. I make my mother proud.
2. I have worn the same style of bra for the last 8 years. When I find something that works, I stick with it.
3. I own 4 copies of “84 Charing Cross Road” by Helene Hanff and if I stumbled across another copy in a thriftstore, I would buy it without a second thought.
4. I use Hanukkah candles on birthday cakes.
5. When I was in middle school and would stay home sick, I would make myself either crepes or hash browns for lunch.