Set your pod/tunes/digital music player a’shufflin’ and post the first ten songs it spits out. No skipping, omitting, concealing or justifying permitted. Embrace your ecletic nature.
1. So Cruel, U2 (Achtung Baby)
2. Younger Genergation, Lovin’ Spoonful (Lovin’ Spoonful Anthology)
3. Whatever, Imogen Heap (I Megaphone)
4. Gatsby’s Restaurant, June Carter Cash (Press On)
5. Naked As We Come, Iron & Wine (Our Endless Numbered Days)
6. Last Boat to America, David Gray (A New Day at Midnight)
7. Stripped, Depeche Mode (Say Anything)
8. Teach Me Tonight, Phoebe Snow (The Best of Phoebe Snow)
9. Go Where You Wanna Go, The Mamas and the Papas (If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears)
10. Some Humans Ain’t Human, John Prine (Fair & Square)
Favorite Song: Go Where You Wanna Go. I was someplace in my early teens when I discovered the Mamas and the Papas and fell hard in love with them. Their harmonies were so tight and perfect that I wanted to live inside of them. Plus, how can you not love Mama Cass?
Favorite Album: John Prine’s Fair & Square. I’ve come to the conclusion that John Prine is an underappreciated genius. I realize that people make proclamations like that fairly regularly, but he really is. His lyrics are so clever. He tells a story or makes a subversive statement with every song, and because of my dad, that’s a thing I will never stop appreciating in an artist.
The rest of the FRT family: