1. Mystery – Indigo Girls (Swamp Ophelia)
2. Till Tomorrow – Don McLean (American Pie)
3. Live With Me – The Rolling Stones (Let It Bleed)
4. Blue Mind – Alexi Murdoch (Four Songs)
5. Scarlet Begonias – Grateful Dead (Dick’s Picks Volume 6 Disc 2)
6. Can’t Hide Love – Earth, Wind & Fire (The Best of Earth, Wind & Fire)
7. I Wanna Grow Up To Be A Politician – The Byrds (The Essential Byrds)
8. Plane – Jason Mraz (Mr. A-Z)
9. Come on Eileen – Dexy’s Midnight Runners (Millennium ’80s New Wave Party)
10. Wayfaring Stranger – Cross-Eyed Rosie (Lookin’ Up)
Song that best represents my 8th grade career aspirations: I Wanna Grow Up to be a Politician. That year we had to do projects in which we picked a possible career for ourselves and researched it. I decided, based upon my love of public speaking and telling people what to do, that I should be a politician. I took it so far that I even majored in politics during college. Somewhere around my junior year, I finally abandoned that ambition.
Song that makes me remember the early 1980’s and having babysitters who were addicted to MTV: Come on Eileen. There’s something about that song that makes me remember begging Halimah or Lucy (two of my favorite babysitters) to play games with me. All they wanted to do was talk on the phone and watch TV.
The Random Friday Club:
5 stars for you this week. You’re Random 10 really makes me want to blow off the rest of the work day and listen to tunes. #9 is giving me an especially violent jones for Monique Powell’s voice and the Save Ferris cover.
Oh wow, I had totally forgotten about the Save Ferris cover. They came and played at my college once, sometime in 1999. That was a really fun show.
Pingback: Friday random ten (like 15 strangers dancing) > the smedley log
Pingback: A Modest Construct » Friday Random Ten CXIII
Pingback: Winter Spring Summer » Blog Archive » Friday Random Ten, “last day of freedom” edition