It’s Friday. Time for an random collection of music, gathered from the dusty corners of my music collection, for your edification. So, set your pod a’shufflin’ and report back the first ten songs. No excuses, no exceptions.
1. Original Music from the Wonder Years, Various Artists (The Wonder Years-Party Time)
2. Drive, Jonathan Coulton (Thing a Week 1)
3. Gun Shy, 10,000 Maniacs (In My Tribe)
4. I Got a Mind to Give Up Living, Paul Butterfield Blues Band (East-West)
5. Hotter Than Mojave in My Heart, Iris Dement (Infamous Angel)
6. I May Know the Word, Natalie Merchant (Carnival [Single])
7. Jim Dandy, Black Oak Arkansas (Dazed and Confused)
8. Amazing Grace, Rachael Davis (Live in Bremen, Germany)
9. Lovely Day, Bill Withers (Bill Withers Greatest Hits)
10. Silver Street, Ben Folds (Ben Folds Live)
Favorites: I’m a big fan of Iris Dement, her song “Let the Mystery Be” is among my all-time favorites. I also enjoy the Paul Butterfield Blues Band, and I’m getting a little kick out of the fact that they’ve now appeared a couple of times in a row in the Friday Random Ten.
Seen Live: Jonathan Coulton, Natalie Merchant (at the kick off for Lilith Fair, in 1998), Rachael Davis and Ben Folds.
Need more? Check out these folks…
Pingback: Friday random ten (crime and gun decisions) > the smedley log
I need to give you more music so I can take over the Random Friday posts. 😉