The Instructions: Set your pod a’shufflin’ and report back the first ten songs. No skipping, omitting or hedging allowed.
1. To Lay Me Down, Cowboy Junkies (Rarities, B-sides and Slow, Sad Waltzes)
2. Lord Have Mercy on my Soul, Black Oak Arkansas (Even More Dazed and Confused)
3. Chestnut Mare, The Byrds (The Essential Byrds)
4. The Most Dangerous Woman, Ani DiFranco/Utah Phillips (Righteous Babe Sampler)
5. Talk to Strangers, Charlotte Martin (Test-Drive Songs)
6. Go Now, Antje Duvekot (Boys, Flowers, Miles)
7. Talk a Little Texan to Me, Small Potatoes (Time Flies)
8. Chained, Cerulean Groove (Over Crooked Tables)
9. Mary Mary, Paul Butterfield Blues Band (East-West)
10. A Walk Outside, Butterfly Boucher (Flutterby)
Loving: I have a soft spot in my heart for the Paul Butterfield Blues Band, especially the fact that before Paul Butterfield turned to blues he played the classical flute.
Seen Live: Cowboy Junkies (two years ago at the Three Rivers Arts Fest in Pittsburgh with Cindy and Ingrid), Ani DiFranco (from under a waterproof blue tarp at the Appel Farms Arts and Music Festival in June of 2004) and Antje Duvekot (once opening for Rachael Davis at the Sedgwick Cultural Center and the other time opening for Ellis Paul at the Tin Angel).