Somehow, I’ve managed to seriously neglect this space over the last week. And sadly, it’s not going to improve right at this very moment. Consider this post as something akin to a blog “lick and promise.” However, as a taste of things to come, here are some of the things I want to write about in the very near future…
- The fact that as of January 18th, I’ve now lived in Philadelphia for 6 years. Considering I initially planned on being here for just 3 years, this is something of a milestone. My life is so very different now than it was back then that I struggle a little even articulating all the ways in which I’ve grown and changed.
- I am ridiculously in love with Scott McNulty. Neither of us has written much about the fact that we are silly for each other on our blogs, in large part because it felt too special to expose to the harsh glare of the internet, but I am happy to announce that I adore him.
- My parents recently ran into an old friend/coworker at a concert. This man used to tell me stories about what it was like to grow up in a small town in rural Oregon and I would hang on to his every word. It was delightful to hear an update as to how he is doing and know that his life has been unexpectedly interesting and wonderful, despite (in some ways, because of) multiple heart attacks in recent years.
- The joy that is living in my apartment without a roommate. I feel comfortable in my home in a way that I haven’t felt for years and didn’t really even know I was missing until it arrived.
- My continuing attempts at keeping myself in a place of balance, that is free of undue quantities of harsh self-judgment.
Those are the highlights (or something approximating highlights). I’ll be back soon with more.